Friday, March 31, 2017
Defense Sec. James Mattis: North Korea ‘Has Got to Be Stopped’
"Right now, [North Korea] appears to be going in a very reckless manner … and that has got to be stopped," Mattis said at a press conference in London, reports NBC News.
Earlier this month, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said that the "diplomatic … efforts of the past 20 years to bring North Korea to a point of de-nuclearization have failed."
He also said that military action was "on the table."
I really hope this jawboning is for the benefit of Chinese President Xi Jinping who visits President Trump next week at Mar-a-Lago rather than the Trump administration preparing America for war with North Korea.
It is possible to talk the nutjob Kim Jong-un down but, with Trump in charge, the movie Rambo is the policy guide.
at 11:52 AM