Yet another aggressive move by President Trump in dealing with a foreign power. The old strategy with Iran will be torn up.
Target Liberty has been provided the details of President Trump's " New Strategy on Iran."
Specifically, the plan calls for, as will be outlined to the public on Friday:
- The United States focusing on neutralizing the Government of Iran’s destabilizing influence and constraining its aggression, particularly its support for terrorism and militants.
- The US to revitalize traditional alliances and regional partnerships as bulwarks against Iranian subversion and restore a more stable balance of power in the region.
- The US will work to deny the Iranian regime – and especially the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) – funding for its malign activities, and oppose IRGC activities that extort the wealth of the Iranian people.
- The US will counter threats to the United States and our allies from ballistic missiles and other asymmetric weapons.
- The US will rally the international community to condemn the IRGC’s gross violations of human rights and its unjust detention of American citizens and other foreigners on specious charges.
- And the US will deny the Iranian regime all paths to a nuclear weapon.
The President will deliver remarks on the Iran Strategy at the White House on Friday in the Diplomatic Reception Room at 12:45 PM ET.